Wild Garlic Bruschetta with Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Serving Size: 6 medium bruschettas
- 6 medium slices of ciabatta
- 3 large onions (white or read)
- 250g of wild garlic
- 100g goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- Peal the onions and cut them in half. Place them cut side down on the cutting board and slice each half lengthwise on thin slices.
- Heat the pan on a medium low heat, coat the bottom with olive oil (about 3 table spoons) add onions and stir, spread them evenly over the pan. Sprinkle with salt and let them cook for about 20 minutes on medium low heat stirring occasionally. Lower the heat if needed to prevent them from burning or drying out. If onions become too dry add a couple tea spoons of water.
- Add sugar and balsamic vinegar to start the caramelization process. Cook over low heat for about 10 minutes till onions become sticky and brown. Leave to cool.
- Wash wild garlic and cut into smaller pieces. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over medium heat, add wild garlic and a pinch of salt, cook for a couple of minutes, stir the leaves until they are wilted. Remove from the heat.
- Toast slices of bread till crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle. You can also put them in the preheated oven for a couple of minutes.
- Place toasted bread onto a board drip with olive oil top with wild garlic than add caramelized onions and sprinkle with goat cheese.