Grilled Chicken Egg Rolls with Avocado Ranch Dressing
A delicious egg roll with grilled chicken and fresh mushrooms smothered in a tasty avocado ranch dressing made with Greek yogurt, sour cream and green onions. Enjoy!
- 1 grilled Chicken Breast
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 cup canned Corn kernels
- 1 cup canned Black Beans
- 1 cup fresh Spinach (or ½ cup frozen)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 cup Mushrooms (for vegetarian version)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin, Cayenne Pepper, Parsley, Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 package Tortillas (you’ll get more rolls with the smaller size tortillas)
- ½ cup Oil, divided
Avocado Ranch Dressing:
- 1 Avocado
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Mayo
- 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Vinegar
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Green Onions
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Dill
- Get started on your chicken if you’re going to use it. While the chicken is grilling, baking or cooking -whichever way you decide to make it – dice all your veggies for filling, except corn and beans of course.
- In a large skillet heat two tablespoons oil. Add the onions, garlic, jalapeno and red pepper. Cook and stir on medium-high heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chopped chicken breast, corn, beans, spinach and spices. Simmer 10 minutes longer. Mix in shredded mozzarella and stir until cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. At this point, if you like it extra spicy, you can sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes to add heat.
- Place 3-4 tortillas on the microwave safe plate. Microwave on high for about 20 seconds or until warm and pliable. Spoon even amounts of the mixture into each tortilla.
- Fold ends of tortillas and then roll tightly around mixture. Secure with toothpicks. Repeat with remaining tortillas until the vegetable mixture is used up.
- Arrange rolls in a medium dish and cover. Refrigerate overnight or freeze for at least one hour. Remove toothpicks before frying!
- In a large, deep skillet, heat remaining oil for frying. I prefer non-fried food, but I don’t think these would get crispy if I baked them in the oven. Fry tortillas 10 minutes or until golden brown, turning once or twice. Drain on paper towels before serving.
- To make the dressing, in a medium size bowl mash the avocado with fork. Mix in sour cream, yogurt, mayo and vinegar. Season with salt and dill. Add chopped tomato and chopped green onions. Stir gently to combine. Serve with egg rolls.