Southern Cauliflower Tots with Cheddar Cheese
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked cauliflower (approximately 1 head of cauliflower)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned panko bread crumbs (make sure you used seasoned, otherwise you’ll need to add other flavoring to these)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
1. To prepare the cauliflower, first boil florets until soft. Then either finely chop with a knife, or pulse a few times in a food processor until it resembles large course crumbs, like photo above.
2. Add the 3 cups of chopped cauliflower, breadcrumbs, cheese and eggs into a large mixing bowl. Mix with a large spoon until everything is combined.
3. Preheat oven to 400F. While oven is preheating, shape cauliflower mixture to form small cylinders, the size of tater tots (about 1 inch long). Make sure to first press the mixture together firmly between your palms before shaping, so that the ingredients hold together. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake for about 15 minutes. Bottom of tots should be brown. Flip tots over and bake for another 10 minutes. If your tots are larger, you may need to bake longer so that they are crispy. Serve with ketchup or other dipping sauce.