Delicata Squash Salad with Persimmons and Pomegranate Dijon Vinaigrette
A cool-weather salad filled with bright, bold flavors and colors.
- 1 medium or 2 small Delicata squash, cut in half, seeded and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 2 small Fuyu persimmons, cut into thin wedges
- 4 Tablespoons/ 60ml extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
- 2 Tablespoons/30ml Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon/15ml Pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 oz baby kale leaves or about 1/2 a bunch Lacinato kale, stems removed and leaves torn into pieces
- 2 oz. mixed baby greens, such as chard, spinach and romaine
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup/ 28g toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, toss the squash with 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until tender (about 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, pomegranate molasses and remaining olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- When the squash is ready remove the baking sheet from the oven and set it on a wire rack to cool.
- Toss the kale and baby greens with the vinaigrette. Top with the squash, persimmon slices, pomegranate seeds and toasted almonds serve immediately.
Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo