Roasted Butternut Squash Halloumi Salad with Lightly Toasted Pine Nuts
The salty halloumi and sweet nutty butternut squash pair perfectly to make this dish into a well rounded meal
Roasting it gives the squash an almost caramelised, honey taste which is ah-mazing!
Yield: 4 servings
Warm Halloumi Butternut Squash Salad
For the roasted veg
- 1 butternut squash, peeled & cubed
- 150g asparagus
- 1 sweet pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
For the salad
- 50g spinach
- 100g baby kale
- 100g rocket
- 25g pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 250g halloumi cheese
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180°c. Slice the asparagus and pepper into small pieces. In a bowl, combine all of the roasted veg ingredients and mix until the vegetables are all coated. Roast the butternut squash for 25 minutes before adding the asparagus and pepper. Roast for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Spray a griddle pan (or frying pan) with cooking spray. Add the halloumi to the hot pan over a medium heat. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- In a bowl, assemble the salad ingredients and top with the roasted veg and halloumi cheese.
- Mix the olive oil and balsamic vinegar together and drizzle over the salad.