Lemon Zest Salted Green Beans with Lemon Juice and Butter
An easy steamed green bean side dish with lemon zest, butter and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- 4 cups steamed green beans
- 2 tsp butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Zest of ¼ lemon
- In a small bowl, gently mix together (with your hands or a wooden spoon) still warm green beans and butter until butter is melted and coats the green beans.
- Sprinkle salt and lemon juice on beans and gently mix again.
- Place beans on a serving dish.
- With the smallest section of a cheese grater, grate about a ¼ of the peel of a (clean) lemon to sprinkle with lemon zest.